Version date 18.11.2021
www.pensionskasse-syngenta.ch (referred to in this cookies policy as “our website”) is operated by Syngenta Pension Fund, Rosentalstrasse 67, 4058 Basel (referred to in this cookies policy as “Syngenta”, “we”, “us”).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which a website installs on a user’s device when they visit that website.
Cookies help websites recognize the user’s device the next time they visit that website.
We only need to obtain the user’s consent for some cookies. We are permitted to store cookies on a user’s device without their consent if they are strictly necessary for the operation of our website. For all other types of cookies, we need the user’s consent before placing cookies on their device.
How to accept, reject, or delete cookies?
We present a banner to users when they access our website from any browser or device. The banner provides the option of accepting or rejecting cookies (except for cookies which are strictly necessary for the operation of our website). Alternatively, users can change their cookie settings at any time by clicking the link below – users will have the option to change (via tick boxes) which cookies they accept.
Users can delete browsing data (including cookies) from their browser by referring to the options and instructions provided by their browser.
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies are those which the website cannot function properly without. They are required in order for the website to provide the function or service that the user requests.
- Preference cookies enable the website to remember information that changes how the website behaves or looks, like the user’s preferred language. These may be first-party or third-party cookies (see definitions below). The user’s consent is required to place
- Statistics cookies allow analysis or measurement of the user’s behaviour on the website, including measuring the impact of advertisements and analysing where users click. This is done in order to improve the website and help website owners understand how visitors interact with their websites by collecting and reporting information. These may be first-party or third-party cookies (see definitions below). The user’s consent is required to place this type of cookie on their device.
- Marketing cookies are used to track users across websites. They store information about the user’s behaviour which is obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits. This allows the development of a specific user profile to enable a website to show advertising that is relevant for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. These may be first-party or third-party cookies (see definitions below). The user’s consent is required to place this type of cookie on their device.
First-party and third-party cookies:
- First party cookies are those that we (Syngenta) place on the user's device from our website.
- Third-Party cookies are placed on a user’s device by some features enabled on our website and are provided by a non-Syngenta entity (a “third-party”). The third-party deals with the data obtained through the cookies. However, we (Syngenta) may also use the information given by the third-party cookies (e.g. Google Analytics).
Session and persistent cookies:
- Session cookies contain information that is stored in a temporary memory location and are subsequently deleted after the session is completed or the web browser is closed. Session cookies store information that the user has inputted and track the movements of the user within the website.
- Persistent cookies will remain on the user’s device for the period of time specified in the Cookies Table below.
Some cookies on our website use personal data such as the user’s IP address.
In relation to third party cookies, please also refer to the cookies policies and privacy policies of the relevant third parties which are available through the links in the Cookies Table below.
International transfers of personal data:
We will transfer personal data to recipients in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as shown in the Cookies Table below. Any such transfers will be done in accordance with the legal requirements for such international transfers. More information is available here.
USA: We take appropriate measures to ensure that personal data transferred to third party organizations in the USA will be adequately protected by ensuring that the recipient organization has adopted European Commission approved standard contract clauses. More information is available at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection_en.
Syngenta group: We transfer personal data to Syngenta group companies based outside the EEA including our parent company, Syngenta AG, which is based in Switzerland. We are able lawfully to transfer personal data to Syngenta group companies because the countries have been deemed by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data or because we have intra-group data transfer agreements in place which contain standard data protection transfer clauses approved by the European Commission. More information about such arrangements can be found here:
International transfers of personal data by third parties:
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognize your device the next time you visit. Web beacons or other similar files can also do the same thing. We use the term "cookies" in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they can help us to remember your preferences, analyze how well our website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you.
Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, if you click to "remember me" when logging in, a cookie will store your username.
The cookies used by www.pensionskasse-syngenta.ch :
- won't collect information that personally identifies you
- will collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user's general location.
- will not be used to give information to third party marketing companies or media advertisers.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Links to other Syngenta websites
This site contains hyperlinks to other websites operated by Syngenta or other Syngenta entities ("Other Syngenta Website(s)"). These Other Syngenta Websites are separate and distinct websites. Each serves a different purpose. Each Other Syngenta Website is therefore governed by its own cookies policy. If you access Other Syngenta Websites through links on this site, please take a few minutes to review the cookies policy on each Other Syngenta Website you visit.
Links to other web sites
This site may contain embedded content from, or links to, web sites operated by other companies, including websites operated by our third-party service providers, our affiliates, and other third parties including social media websites such as YouTube or Facebook.
The cookies we use for www.pensionskasse-syngenta.ch